It’s the most wonderful time of the year! No, it’s not Christmas quite yet, but it is back-to-school season! Throughout the month of August, millions of children will say ‘goodbye’ to late summer nights and ‘hello’ to early mornings and a brand new school year. While this is an exciting time for both parents and children alike, it is also the time of year when children inevitably bring home germs from their classmates, passing them off to you and making everyone feel crummy.
But, don’t worry just yet! There are a few ways to help everyone stay on top of their health this school year, and essential oils can play a big role in making sure the whole family feels great. Keep reading to discover our top five must-have back-to-school essential oil blends. (And remember, you can get all of these essential oils online from Lavender Living, so you don’t have to worry about making a trip to the store!)
Back To School Essential Oil Blends
- Air Care: This invigorating blend of essential oils is perfect for cleansing the air of impurities and fighting off respiratory pathogens*. One of our favorite essential oil blends that we offer here at Lavender Living, we think this should be a staple in every household. To start the day off right, put a few drops into a diffuser for everyone to inhale during breakfast time. The peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, tangerine, and lemon oils help to wake everyone up, while the lavender, rosemary, and sweet vanilla-like benzoin create a calmness during morning chaos.
- Decongest Sniffy Stick: This essential oil blend for congestion includes peppermint oil, which contains menthol, a common ingredient in over-the-counter topical decongestants. A few deep inhales of this blend will help to decongest a stuffy nose*, helping everyone get back on track quickly when a cold strikes.
- Focus Sniffy Stick: If the kids have a tough time staying focused at school or if homework time drags on for hours and hours, this focus blend of essential oils can help! With grounding rosemary and frankincense, calming lavender, and invigorating peppermint, this blend has the aromas needed to stay on task.
- Immune Misting Spray: This immune boosting essential oil blend can be sprayed in the house, at the office, or in the car to encourage a healthful environment for the whole family. The clove and eucalyptus oils featured in this blend have been studied for their antimicrobial and antibacterial uses, while ravensara oil has been used in some cultures as a “cure-all” for centuries. Use a few extra spritzes around back-to-school time to promote strong immune systems*.
- Headache Roll-On: So, you’ve done everything you can to avoid anyone getting stressed or sick, and it just wasn’t enough. That’s where this essential oil roll-on comes in handy. Just roll the healing blend onto your temples, neck, shoulders, or other painful areas and experience the healing effects of peppermint, German chamomile, lavender, marjoram, and blue yarrow.
Other Ways To Stay Healthy
Of course, essential oils are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to keeping kids and parents healthy. Make sure to practice good hand washing habits with your children as they return to school, teach them to sneeze or cough into their elbows so they don’t spread germs to their classmates, and of course, make sure the kiddos go to bed at a decent hour — put a few drops of our Lights Out calming essential oil blend into a diffuser to make the whole house sleepy! Be sure to shop our line of Care essential oils today for all of your back-to-school blends!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.